Legal Preparedness Training
Dealing with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) can be very frustrating, as many of its rules and requirements are complex and may seem arcane. Agency personnel may be uninformed of policies and procedures due to lack of training or rotating assignments. The disorder which inevitably accompanies any recovery effort only magnifies these problems.
Baker Donelson’s Disaster Recovery Team can provide the in-depth information and training your organization needs to deal successfully with FEMA.
Customized Training Services
We offer formal training sessions as well as informal seminars on a number of issues covering topics of interest to state governments, municipalities, non-profits and other organizations.
These topics include:
- General guidelines for complying with FEMA’s Public Assistance Program
- Emergency management
- Homeland security
- Public Health Emergency Law training
- Disaster contracting
- FEMA audits and appeals
Clients for which we have provided training or analysis include:
- Airports Council International
- International Municipal Lawyer’s Association
- Natural Hazards Center—Boulder, Colorado
- The National Academies of Science Disaster Roundtable
- Office of Legal Education Executive Office for United States Attorneys—Crisis Management Coordinators’ Conference
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC—Public Health Emergency Law Training Course)
- The American Power Association
- Numerous bar associations and law schools
- Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives Association